12.02.2008

The Reason for the Season

My cousin Lydia wrote a post on her blog recently that really touched me. In it, she bore her testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and his Atoning sacrifice for us. Lydia's post got me thinking about the true reason for this holiday season. Not the presents, the (yummy) food or even the great decorations we get to put up all over our homes. It is to celebrate the birth and life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for this reminder and my hope for all of us this holiday season is to keep Him at the forefront of our minds as we go about our holiday activities.

On a side note, my mom gave all of the grandkids their own nativity set last Christmas and Caleb has been enjoying putting his together in different arrangements on our front entryway table for the past few days. I found it set up in the following way today and thought it was very appropriate for this post. It seems that Caleb knows where our focus ought to be this holiday season:

Merry Christmas to you all!!

7 comments:

Tori said...

What a great post! Thanks for the sweet thoughts. I needed that reminder!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

It is so easy to get wrapped up in all of the material parts of this holiday. We need to get the kids' nativity scenes out.

Emily said...

Doesn't it seem like the kids always get it right? It's us adults that get off track.

Unknown said...

That is a good reminder. And love the nativity for kids! I would love one for my kids, actually I would love one for me. I only have a cheap one that someone gave to us at our wedding (in Nov) and they got it free when they bought something at RC Willey! I only know cause I remember the commercial for the free set! Anyway, thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post! Loved it. But guess what I love more??? You and your fam-dam-liy being in town. That's awesome!!!

ChristyLou said...

So sweet! He's such a great little guy. I sure miss you and can't wait for you to get home!

Suzanne Plant said...

Hello! You can actually download your pictures from the Smugmug gallery I made for your pictures. Send me an email at suzryma@yahoo.com with your email address and I will tell you how to do it if you need help. I am burning you a DVD with all the pictures so Sarah can email it to you with hers. Merry Christmas!