I have a confession to make. It's a little embarrassing. I've considered hiding the evidence but I can't keep it a secret any more.
I love dressing the boys alike.
I know I said I wouldn't do it. I know I'll probably get a lot of people giving me a hard time about it but it's true. I really do think it's fun. I don't have a lot of clothes for Bryce and Ian that match...yet, but I do dress them alike when I can. When they are older and able to express their individuality, I will definitely be okay with it but until then...I'll dress them in cute matching onesies, pajamas, shirts, etc. And when they don't match, I'll probably at least coordinate their outfits in some way.
There. I feel much better now that the cat is out of the bag.
Oh, and I finally captured their heart melting smiles on film:
Ian smiling on the right.
Ian giving a bigger, albeit blurry, smile- he was on the move (translation: tipping over)!
Bryce showing off his big grin.
I know I said I wouldn't do it. I know I'll probably get a lot of people giving me a hard time about it but it's true. I really do think it's fun. I don't have a lot of clothes for Bryce and Ian that match...yet, but I do dress them alike when I can. When they are older and able to express their individuality, I will definitely be okay with it but until then...I'll dress them in cute matching onesies, pajamas, shirts, etc. And when they don't match, I'll probably at least coordinate their outfits in some way.
There. I feel much better now that the cat is out of the bag.
Oh, and I finally captured their heart melting smiles on film:
11 comments:
Oh my word...they are SOOO cute. I'll confess...I do it too. Although my 7 year old doesn't think matching with her "baby" sister is cool anymore. SAD!!
I was nervous for a minute...I thought for sure your confession would be that you can't tell them apart ('cuz I sure can't!).
Shameful, absolutely shameful. Ha...ha...just kidding. I am a fan of the whole coordinating outfits thing. I will have to give you all of the few matching things I have if they are the same ages.
you seriously have the 3 cutest boys! what a lucky mom you are! i am a fan of the matching outfits too. i am already buying coordinating outfits for my girls and they are 3 years apart.
Sell out! Just kidding I love that you dress them alike. I would too! Can't believe how big they are getting. Their smiles are adoreable!
HIlarious - I think I remember having this conversation with you...At least you didn't sell out and name them rhyming names - thank you for that (sorry to all the parents of multiples that I offend)! I would do the same if I had twins as they do look adorable and will spend the majority of their life making their own clothing decisions. I often will still dress my girls alike when I can even though they are 3 years apart!
Loved all the pictures and the updates! They are getting so big - can't wait to meet them next month! (I'll be sure to bring coordinating gifts!) :)
They are adorable! Love the big smiles. I can't wait to get to know their little developing personalities!! It will be good to see all of you soon! Love to you all and thanks for the update :)
Love the baby smiles and I love that you dress them alike. I bought clothes last year that will have the boys matching this winter. I love matching clothes. It's cute. ...handsome....whatever you want to call it.
Hey Laura! I know I'm a little slow to leave a comment on this post, sorry.
When I found out that I was having another girl when I was pregnant with Carly I swore that I would never dress Hailey and Carly alike. But then she was born and I started dressing them in just the same colors, and then when I would buy a cute outfit for Hailey, I just HAD to buy the same one for Carly! So yeah, I also love dressing my girls alike, and they aren’t even twins!
Your boys are so adorable, all of 'em!
very heartmelting!!! They are soooo sweet!
i think it's cute to dress them alike. rule of thumb though...never say never in parenthood because chances are you'll do whatever it was you said you wouldn't!! the boys are adorable!! i'm sure caleb is a GREAT big brother!
My goodness! Those boys are cute! I love smiling babies. It makes my heart warm :). I think it is cool that you dress the Ian and Bryce alike... as long as you don't end up like this one family at church I know... they have twin girls that are like 7 and always dressed the same and then the entire family (Mom, Dad, and two more siblings) also where coordinating outfits. A bit weird if you ask me.
Post a Comment