I don't know if NASCAR is actually considered a southern tradition...it just sounded good. Our friend and old neighbor Jack scored 4 free tickets for us to a NASCAR race the weekend that Drews' parents were visiting. Because I am still nursing Bryce and Ian (not an easy feat to do when in a racing stadium...not that I've tried but one can only imagine), we stayed home. So, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, Drew, Nana, Grampa and Caleb headed down to enjoy the afternoon and some loud NASCAR racing. A fun time was had by everyone though conversation wasn't very possible and everyone had a little sunburn by the end of the day. Caleb got a little tired of watching cars go in a circle after awhile (can't say that I blame him...) but overall had a great time. Drew and his parents are glad they got to experience a NASCAR race firsthand but from what I gathered after, weren't necessarily interested in going again. Well shoot, I'm just gonna have to find me some other people to go with. No offense to those who like car racing, it's just not my thing...
The cars lining up at the beginning of the race.
The view from their seats.
Caleb and Nana wearing their earplugs and watching the race.
Drew was trying to get a picture of Caleb in front of the cars as they drove by but, um...well, they drive pretty fast so it was a bit difficult.
Outside the stadium on their way home after a fun afternoon to relieve me from a long afternoon with some cranky babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment