10.02.2007

Craziness!!

So my mom and dad are coming to visit this week and brilliant me decided that I'd take the opportunity to use my neighbors' steam cleaner and clean the carpet in our house. I am beginning to think this decision wasn't too wise. Did I have any clue that it would take over 1 1/2 to clean one room when I started last night at 8:45p?? I seriously thought that I'd be able to whip through the downstairs living room and office in an hour, max! I also didn't take in to consideration that the carpet would need to dry....for 20+ hours because I live in the south and it's, um, humid!! So all day long, Caleb and I, scratch that, I have been trying to tip-toe over the carpet downstairs because the cleaner said to stay off of the carpet until it's dried!!!!! Did I mention that downstairs in our house is the main living area and kitchen? Oh well. It does look nice. Hopefully my parents will ooohh and aahhh when they get here (hint, hint mom and dad!). Just don't look too closely upstairs since I'm venturing a guess that I won't get to it before they arrive on Saturday. As a side note- Caleb is up and running again at full speed. The bronchitis only slowed him down minimally for a couple of days. I've been pretty bad about taking pics lately since we've all been a little busy but promise to have plenty to show after my parents visit this week!

2 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

That is sooo funny. I love you Laura.

Valerie said...

I so love my Caleb and can't wait to see him and hear him talking. See you in one day! Mom