6.17.2008

A New Toy

I don't know which one of us is more excited about this- we have finally acquired a new swing set thanks to the generosity of our new neighbors. It is all done being set up so, Caleb and his friend Emma tried it out for the first time this weekend. I'm excited to have it placed on the shady side of the house so I can avoid a little of this Tennessee heat during our afternoons outside. I got some cute photos of Caleb and Emma playing (check out the sand box, Caleb is in heaven!!) and also of Caleb playing with our neighbors new puppy Addison. Caleb and Addison have become good friends! While you're looking at the pictures, check out Caleb's new summer do. He's been asking for the last few weeks if he can "buzz his head like daddy's" and I finally caved in. I think he looks very adorable and a little younger (which is fine with me!!!) Enjoy the pics!




12 comments:

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Sweet! I wish we had a generous neighbor who wanted to give us a swing set that nice! My kids would love it!

Anonymous said...

That looks so nice! Smart, putting it in the shade.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

That is awesome! Life with a swing set is gooooood. I think Caleb's hair looks adoeable. He looks like he has gotten taller.

Anonymous said...

Sooooo JEALOUS! Lucky!!! Do you know how much those things cost??? OK, of course you do, but I'm still waiting for my nice neighbors to be so generous!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday darling Laura. Hope June 20th is the best day of the year for you.

ChristyLou said...

Wahoo! When can we come over?? I'm so excited for you...oh, and I guess Caleb too, lol. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Awesome. I want one (for the kids of course). I'm jealous.

holly said...

Laura,

Not sure if you'll read this or not, but I have to admit that I got a bit teary eyed seeing the pics of the swingset in its new place. I'm soooo happy that you guys will get to enjoy it, but so sad to have left your neighborly side. We miss you guys so much - thanks for being the incredible neighbors that you are!! love,
Holly

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

Swing sets are the best! I'm glad you got ahold of one. Cincinnati is fun for now, but I'll be happy to return to Nashville in August. It was fun to read your blog and catch up on what is going on with you. Congratulations to you and your husband both on completing the 12 years of schooling-it must feel great to be where you are now!

Heather said...

We can't wait to be invited over to play on it! JK :) Really though that is awesome!! I bet Caleb is loving it.

Heather said...

Hey Laura,
Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. It's fun to reconnect with people through this whole blogging world. Your little guy is soo cute! Little boys are just the best! Well I hope you don't mind if I continue checking your blog to see how your family is doing.
-Heather (Livsey)

Anonymous said...

It's been long enough... waiting for some new posts. Please oblige!!!