8.19.2008

Changes at work

I am so excited! Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love being a pediatric nurse (taking care of those sweet, sick little ones- not to mention the great people I work with!!). But now that Drew is close to being done with residency, I have decided to make some changes in my work schedule. I am decreasing my hours from one shift a week to one shift a month! I can't wait to see what it feels like to get through the entire week without having to catch up on the sleep I missed by staying up one of those nights. Not to mention getting to be around (and available for fun activities) more on the weekends. One of the best things about being a nurse is the flexibility it provides for those of us that want to be a stay-at-home mom and work a little. I recommend it. Maybe now my house will be that much cleaner and I'll cook gourmet meals every night. Okay...never mind. Let's not be too unrealistic here.

8 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I am so happy for you! What a great adjustment for all of you.

Valerie said...

CONGRATS! - You are really deserving of the decrease in your work schedule.

Woodbury Family said...

Hi Laura,
That's great! I second your opinion that nursing is a great profession for moms. During my nursing years I have done everything from once or twice a month to full time. I'm sure (one day) Caleb will apreciate you doing the one day a month thing right now. Good for you.

*The Holbrook Family* said...

That will be so nice for you to be able to be home more! I love it! ENJOY!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found me! It has been way too long! Caleb is so cute! You do to of course! I am definitely adding you to my links so we can keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

In my book, sleep is the BEST thing ever. Coming from someone that worked night shifts for 3 years... YOU ARE GONNA LOVE IT. Sleep is awesome. Sleep is the best. I LOVE my sleep. I am excited for your new schedule!!!

Heather said...

Yea! More time to party :)

Unknown said...

Yay for Laura. That's awesome.