11.20.2008

My Cubby

Caleb and Daddy doing Yoga on the Wii Fit. Caleb is very much into doing what we do these days. He has 'exercise' clothes and shoes and loves to show us his moves!

Yep. It's a potty picture. I promised myself I'd never post one of these but hey, I think Caleb's funny so what can I say? I found him sitting on the potty like this a few days ago just waiting for me to come in and check on him. He loves trying to make us laugh. It worked.

We've wanted to move Caleb into the bigger of our two spare rooms for awhile. Not only is it bigger but it also has this great train mural painted on the wall. He made the big move this past week. Now instead of calling it the 'train room,' we are adjusting to calling it Caleb's room. Aside from him thinking that this move also meant that he no longer needs to take naps, he's adjusted very well to the change.

Caleb isn't the only one who had to change his routine. Our cats had to give up their 'sun room' when Caleb made the move. They've adjusted by doing what cat's do best. Not changing and just continuing to hang out in the room. Here is Bug and Caleb taking their first ever nap together. Cute huh? It hasn't lasted (Caleb's naps OR Bug sleeping with him) but it was cute while it did.

This is how we found Caleb when we went to check on him last night. He was mad because we closed his door when he insisted on getting out of bed and wandering the halls. I'm assuming his thought process went something like this: 'Fine!! I'll show them. I'll fall asleep under my bed!!!" Well, it gave us a good laugh at the very least.
RETRACTION: I was just showing Caleb the above photo and his explanation was that he wanted to sleep next to Bug who was hiding under his bed. So I guess my two year old wasn't trying to "show me", he was just being sweet!!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

What a big boy!! He is so cute and I love the room. Isaac has also decided he doesn't need naps. So, I make him stay on his bed for an hour no matter how un-tired he is. We call it quiet time and then he feels better about it.

holly said...

Too funny! The girls and I got a good laugh at those pics - love the one under the bed!! Tell Caleb we say hi and give him a big hug (oh, and tell him early "happy birthday") for us. Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Kids are so funny. I love that he was under the bed! The room looks very cute. Perfect for a boy!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I love that picture of Drew and Cub playing the Wii, Start em young with the yoga.

Amber said...

This post was soo funny. We also are having some nap revolt going on. I like the picture of Caleb sleeping under the bed because he wanted to sleep by the cat.