7.11.2009

31 weeks...5 more to go!

It's hard to believe that we only have 5(ish) weeks left until these babies come! This past week on the ultrasound, they weighed in at 3 lbs. 11 oz. and 3 lbs. 14 oz. Well on their way to our 6 lb goal!! Although I'm still smiling in the picture, this past week has also marked the point where I am pretty uncomfortable most of the time. Rolling over in bed is an adventure and getting up off of the couch is amusing to all who get to watch. It's also interesting to listen to the comments I get every time I'm out in public. The favorite seems to be "Are you heading to the hospital soon?" I almost always just smile and inform them that there are two baby boys in there.


This past week, Drew's parents have come for a visit. They have been very helpful with Caleb and in helping us get things done around the house and yard. We are well on our way to being finished with the nursery. It's exciting to see it all come together! We chose a polk-a-dot theme for the nursery and I think it's turning out well. I'll be sure to post more pics when it's actually done. A special thank you to Christy and Jodi for helping paint the nursery! You guys are fabulous.



14 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

What a cute baby bump. I can't believe only 5 more weeks. Crazy! The nursery looks adoreable. I love you and take care of yourself and those babes.

Megan Nordstrom said...

You are doing great! I am so glad things are going so well. I know what you mean about all the comments. Although sometimes it's kind of fun to tell people when you are really due and just watch their eyes get really big before you say there are twins! Good luck. I wish I was there to help.

Cristi said...

You look great! See you soon (but no babies before I get back!!!)

Valerie said...

Wow oh wow - Laura, I can't believe how big you have gotten since we last saw you. Getting these babies here is turning in to a full-time job. Keep smiling and take care. We love all of you and can't wait to see the little ones.

Alex said...

Oh Wow! Still looking adorable though! :) The room is going to look adorable - I love it! Hang in there - wish we could be there to help out - I can't wait to meet them! Give Caleb big hugs and kisses for us!

holly said...

Oops - I didn't realize that I was logged in as Alex; however I think she would have said the same thing! Take care!

Drew Miller said...

Hey babe - maybe it's just me, but the whole black text on a dark brown background is pretty tough for me to read. Perhaps you might consider making a change to one or the other? Just a thought.

Toes on the Nose said...

Lookin' good girl!! Sounds like the boys are growing well. You're in the home stretch. The nursery looks darling - I'm jealous. I wish I could do a nursery. Oh and I second what Drew is saying about the text color - it is a little hard to read. :)

The Jeff Bylund Family said...

It was fun to see you today! It will be great to see the little guys when they get here! I love the poca-dot (Sp?) theme too. Cute!

Drew Miller said...

Holy crap - You're HUGE!!!

ChristyLou said...

I LOVE the dots! They looks so fabulous. I can't wait to see the nursery all put together. Hopefully we can get together soon. Luv ya!

Mamu Lou said...

Um, thanks honey. :)

Nate and Roberta said...

Laura, You make such a cute pregnant lady! You are almost there. This last month is going to fly by and you will be able to roll over again in no time. The nursery looks great. Maybe someday Nate and I will be able to go visit you. We miss you tons! Hope you are doing well.

Shannon said...

you look fantastic! i love the room too. we might have to copy you once we get in to our house! i'm so excited to see these little guys.