I have wanted to do a blog entry about the passing of our beloved prophet, President Gordon B. Hinckely and have failed to do so until now. Like many others, I have felt mixed emotions over the past few days. I feel sad about the loss of such a wonderful man and a spiritual giant who I have learned so much from and have grown to love over the years. I also feel so happy for him because I know he is now with his amazing wife and is being welcomed to his heavenly home where he belongs.
I was reading in 1 Nephi the other night about the dream that Lehi had about the tree of life and the iron rod and I thought to myself, how wonderful for President Hinckley that this part of his journey is now completed! And what an amazing life he lived! He will be very missed. I also think it is wonderful to know that his passing will not stop this great work from going forward and progressing as our Father in Heaven intends it to. I am very grateful for our church and the many blessings it brings into our lives.
I was reading in 1 Nephi the other night about the dream that Lehi had about the tree of life and the iron rod and I thought to myself, how wonderful for President Hinckley that this part of his journey is now completed! And what an amazing life he lived! He will be very missed. I also think it is wonderful to know that his passing will not stop this great work from going forward and progressing as our Father in Heaven intends it to. I am very grateful for our church and the many blessings it brings into our lives.
5 comments:
Agreed.
Did you teach the lesson on Sunday? It just happened to be on The Vision of the Tree of Life.
Anyway, he was an awesome man and will be missed, but always remembered.
Its fun to read your blog as well! I have been meaning to post on Pres. Hinckley as well. I loved what you had to say.
I was very sad when I learned of President Hinckley's passing. After I contemplated I was happy he was able to be home with his wife. He was so amazing and was a huge inspiration to me as well.
How lucky we have been to have such a great leader and prophet over the past 13 years. I add my testimony to his divine calling and his inspirational guidance. Your mom
Hi Laura! I also have enjoyed visiting your blog. Thanks for your tribute to our late Prophet as well. It's so amazing to see what a broad affect he has had on people, even those that he never met!
Post a Comment