That's right folks, we have decided to join the wild world of potty training. Caleb has been showing signs of being ready for a little while but I've been putting it off. I think it was me who wasn't ready to start this next adventure (I don't really want to admit that he is getting as old as he is!!!). But, alas- I can't put it off any more...well, I could but I think I'd like to at least give it a try and see how he does. We've been talking about it for so long that while we were in Utah, when asked which Thomas the Tank Engine/train was his favorite, Caleb's enthusiastic reply was, "The Potty Train!!!" Yeah, it's time to go full steam ahead!! We'll keep you updated...maybe.
1.29.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Hey Laura,
I didn't know you had a blog! I'll have to read yours :)
Becca
hey laura, this is amy (holbrook) hager. i was looking through lisa's contacts and came across your blog. caleb is so cute! i finally potty trained ryan last week. i have been trying for the past 9 months and nothing worked. he to talked about it all the time but when it came right down to it nothing worked. i came up with the idea of a potty party. i told him for about a week that we were going to have one. the night before the big party i decotated my house with streamers, balloons, and a big banner that said welcome to the potty party. i also made a cake and wrapped about 7 big presents. anyway, he was potty trained (peeing anyway) in about an hour- no joke! he had 2 accidents that morning and hasn't had one since. (it took about 5 days for the pooping, and bigger bribes). sorry such a long comment, i really just wanted to wish you good luck. sometimes i am very long winded:) take care!
That's funny that Caleb's favorite Thomas train is "The Potty Train" Kids are so funny. He must’ve heard you talking about potty training to someone and he heard the word train, so it must be a Thomas train, how cute.
Good luck.
It is so crazy how fast he has grown up. Caleb will do great I am sure. Good luck!
Hey Lou it's Whitney (Wray) Miller. Love your blog and your cute fam. Just wanted to shed some light on the potty training thing. I let Dane run around, when we were home, totally naked. Since he didn't have a diaper on to pee in he had to tell me when he had to go and use the potty. It really worked great. It made it easier for him to tell when he had to go. Also, forget the pull-ups. They are totally useless and just like a diaper (use them at night if you want). I would just put on regular undies when you do go out and go to places where you know there is a bathroom. What really hit home for Dane was going to a demolition derby and having to leave early for going pee in his pants. He was devastated and had few if any accidents after that. Hope that helps.
hey Thanks for finding me. I have tried to potty train,but i guess I will just have to wait until Jake goes to school. Kidding I hope.
hey Thanks for finding me. I have tried to potty train,but i guess I will just have to wait until Jake goes to school. Kidding I hope.
I love that story about the potty train! It gets me every time. I just love your little guy. Good luck with the training and try not to stress over it. I noticed that if I was getting frustrated that I needed to just step back and let Kaylee take over again. Finally we let her stop for 6 months and she trained herself when she was 3 yrs and 4 months. Crazy, huh?! You'll do great, and don't worry, you won't be changing diapers forever! :)
Post a Comment