7.12.2008

Fourth and stuff

In the spirit of many blog posts I've read lately, this is going to be a culmination of many summer events all in one.

The most recent is the 4th of July festivities so I'll start there. Drew actually had the entire day off!! We started the day by playing volleyball at the church with lots of other couples from our ward. It was pretty fun although the guys added the element of merciless competition that we women don't usually have during our Monday morning volleyball sessions. Actually, I think there was a pretty good balance of competition and laughter. After some lazy nap time that afternoon recovering, we went over to our friends Shane and Mauralee's house for some yummy BBQ. Caleb benefited from his moms more relaxed attitude towards sweets for the holiday and ate cake and cookies for dinner. Then Caleb and I headed out with some friends to view the downtown fireworks from a slight distance. Drew had to head home because of course he had to work early the next day. Too bad the neighbors fireworks kept him awake long enough to see us arrive home at 10:45p. I forgot my camera so these photos are courtesy of our friend Sara and Steve- thanks!

Caleb and his best buddy, Rylan, on the way downtown.

Caleb and Mommy during downtown fireworks (Caleb covering ears during Shane's bottle rocket display!).

The next night, our friends/next door neighbors Mindy and Brandon organized a block party for our cul-de-sac. We all brought dessert foods, drinks, and our own lawn chairs and visited for awhile before they set off fireworks for all to enjoy (we live right across the countyline where they sell the really good fireworks). We absolutely love our neighbors and have made such good friends here in Nashville!! Drew was sad to miss out on this party too but he was taking good care of all of the accident prone people of Nashville (he had a really busy day that day!!). Caleb lasted until about 9:00p and then asked if we could go inside for milk-milk (his word for bedtime milk) and stories. It is rare that Caleb actually asks to go to bed so I of course obliged him by heading right inside. He was out within 15 minutes despite the fireworks going on all around us for the next couple of hours. Here are some photos from party:

Max the amazing!


Adorable Ava and Dawn


Chase, Sarah and Anthony

Caleb is still unsure whether he likes this whole loud fireworks thing!

Caleb posing with Mamu!

Nina and Sarah


Caleb (he has learned to pedal his tricycle all by himself!!!)

Crashed out after a couple of busy and fun days!

Finally, 2 months ago we went to the Nashville Sounds game as our last official Vanderbilt Housestaff Alliance activity. I meant to post these while ago and just forgot! We had such a good time at the game. They had a BBQ for us and we were able to visit for awhile before the game began. The VHA has been such a fun organization to participate in during residency and, while I'm excited Drew is finally done with residency training, I will definitely miss this supportive group of men and women!!

Caleb and Tate

Caleb and Daddy


The Whole Family!

2 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

What a busy day! I am glad you guys had so much to do with all of your friends.

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! Happy 4th of July!!!