7.13.2008

HOME SWEET HOME

It is official!! Drew was offered and has accepted a position as an Assistant Professor (Attending Physician) in the Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We are so excited to get to stay (for the next year at least) in this place we have come to call home! We definitely feel that this is the right decision for our family and feel so blessed for this opportunity. His official completion date for residency is September 24th and he will start at Vandy on October 1st! Please join me in wishing him congratulations!!

16 comments:

Cristi said...

Yea! Congratulations! I'm glad you'll be sticking around a while.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Yay congrats! I am bummed that you guys are not closer, but Nashville makes you guys happy and that important.

ChristyLou said...

Wahoo, wahoo, wahoo!!!!!!! I think you can understand how excited I am about this! Words can't express the relief I feel...I think I've been in mourning the last 3 months thinking you were gonna be leaving. So, a HUGE Congratulations to you and Drew and I'm looking forward to at least one more wonderful year with you guys!!! Love you, love you, Christy.

PS Just 2 more days and I'll be home!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy for you guys and are of course glad you will be around next year!!

Holly said...

Congratulations guys! We are so happy for your family. Love seeing how all the pics and hearing the news. Caleb is getting so big and I am sure is changing every day. Good luck and keep us posted on the next move.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Drew! That has got to feel amazing to be so close to the end of something you have worked toward for so long. It great news that you get to stay where your at and get started on your career. YEAH!!!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Yay! Congrats! It seems like you love it there, so that should be a good place. Part of me wanted Dave to get into the ortho program there, because for some reason I think it would be fun living in Nashville. Good luck with everything, it must feel good to finally be able to start making a real living. Not that you weren't before, but you know what I mean. I can't wait for that day to come for us!

C R B C A said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you both, you two must be so proud of each other, come see us when you get a chance.

Rachelle said...

Laura... Hi!! First of all... congratulations. It must feel great to FINALLY be finished. That is so exciting. I'm glad you sent out an email cause I didn't know that you are a blogger and now I see Emily and Sarah blog too. Yeah!

C R B C A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leenz said...

Congratulations! That is great news- your hard work and sacrifices are about to pay off.

Valerie said...

Congratulations to both of you for enduring the whole thing so well. SOO glad that the long journey is just about over. You know I am holding out hope that one day you will be out west. Love you all.

Unknown said...

Congrats! That's so awesome.

Chemenn said...

Congrats! I'm soooo glad you guys are sticking around!

Mizukawa's said...

Congrats Drew!! That is nice that you are staying. thanks so much I loved seeing you yesterday.

Red & Lyss said...

Very cool, congratulations!