7.31.2008

HOORAY for...rashes?!?!

I know this may be an odd thing to post about but I am excited because Caleb is finally potty-trained! We've been almost there for such a long time. My friend Cristi suggested a few weeks ago that we try the naked method and go cold turkey with the pull-ups. We started a little slower than that by just trying the naked method at home for the past month. That definitely helped things along but it was our quarantine time last week (rash and fever of unknown origin) that really made the difference. It forced us to actually stay home and work on being consistent with using the potty all day. By the time our quarantine was over, Caleb was ready to hit the road in big boy pants. It's been almost a week now and he is still doing great! Thanks again Cristi for the wonderful advice!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! That's great news, not the rash, but the potty training and well maybe for the rash cause it played a roll in the training! I hope he keeps it up. Good work.

Cristi said...

I have to say that I was given the advice to use the "naked method" from my cousin, Corrie, when I was in the thick of a failing potty-training with Pete. Anyway, I think it's great advice to pass along!

I'm so happy for Caleb (and for you!) that he's doing so well!

Valerie said...

Yeah Cub - now you can go to big boy preschool!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

That is awesome!

Chemenn said...

naked method?!?! Is this what I have to start preparing myself for?

Raymey, Kelly, and Madeline said...

All right! I'll bet you're relieved. I'm not looking forward to sometime in the next year or so starting the whole potty training thing.

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog about 10 plus times and just realized that I hadn't left a comment. I swear #3 is doing me in. I could have sworn I had wrote something. I am seriously losing it! Anyway, I think the rashes was a great excuse to stay home and get the potty training all done! YEAH!!!

Stacey said...

That is so exciting about Caleb!! I'll have to talk to you and to Christy about potty training when Evelyn gets to that stage in life.
Cute blog!!!