3.23.2010

6 months old...already?!?

Ian and Bryce turned 6 months old at the end of February.
Six. Months. Old.

The past 6 months have brought a lot of hard work and even tears, at times. But it has also brought so, so much joy. I love each one of my boys and feel very blessed to have welcomed Bryce and Ian in to our family. Their personalities are still emerging- not a lot of differences yet though there are some. Ian is a mamma's boy. He does not like strangers. Don't take offense if he cries when you say hello or try to hold him, it's most likely my fault. See, we don't get out much. Yet. I just joined the YMCA again so, here is to hoping that changes! Bryce is more impatient when it comes to things like eating. He can get very mad, very quickly if he doesn't feel like waiting. Both are smiling and laughing a lot lately (now that they finally feel better after being sick!). They LOVE Caleb. He can usually get them to smile and laugh pretty easily. Ian loves to roll around and is starting to lunge for things when he is sitting up. Bryce is more content to stay sitting up and play with toys. Bryce's peacock hair-do is long enough now that it lays down nicely and he has a darling head of dark hair. Ian's dark brown hair has also gotten longer though he is still sporting the comb-over look up front. It is so fun to watch them interact with one another. They have days where they will just stare at each other and reach out and gently touch each others faces. Then there are the days when they will roll over each other, pull each others hair or steal toys from one another. Not that there is anything malicious about it but it definitely keeps me on my toes trying to keep them from hurting one another...too much. Here are their 6 month stats:

Bryce (on the left in the picture):
Height- 25.5 inches (19th percentile)
Weight- 16 lbs 1 oz. (24th percentile)
Head Circumference- 44.4 cm (68th percentile)


Ian (on the right):
Height- 25.5 inches (19th percentile)
Weight- 15lbs. 15 oz. (22nd percentile)
Head Circumference- 43.5 cm (42nd percentile)

Ian (on the left) and Bryce with their ever present bin of toys.
Bryce (on right) and Ian, hanging out on mom and dad's bed.
Ian has started sucking his thumb to help himself go to sleep. I may regret this when we have to break him of the habit in a couple of years, but for now I think it's sweet. Mainly because I was a thumb sucker too. That and he's just so darn cute when he does it!!
Bryce is pretty in pink! I can explain. Blow out at church + mommy forgetting to pack extra clean clothes + Bryce and Ian being the only baby boys at church right now = borrowing a clean outfit from one of the numerous baby girls. This one was Makayla's. Thanks again Julie!
Again with the ever present bin of toys, only this time Ian is in the bin of toys and looking very happy about it. What's not to love?
The rolling wars. Bryce pinned Ian this time (Ian may have made a crack about the pink outfit). Way to stand up for yourself Bryce!

7 comments:

amy said...

they are so darn cute!!!!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Your boys are so cute! I love seeing all the new pictures of your kids! You are one busy woman!

Miller Time said...

The boys are adorable. I don't know how you tell them a part though. They look identical to me!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Love the stats. I can't believe it has already been six months. So cute!

Mizukawa's said...

I just checked your blog and wow he does look cute in pink Ha :) I was glad to repay the fav. Keep up the good work

Valerie said...

Sucking the thumb! Wow, I didn't realize Ian was doing that but it is cute. I will try very hard to find him a nice pink, silky blanket while you are here. I think he would like that - what do you think?!!!

Nate and Roberta said...

Your kiddos are getting so big. They are darling. Guess what??? Nate says we are going to visit you when you are in Utah! Finally! We will get the details of our plans straightened out and then let you know. Can't wait to see you.