8.24.2009

The Nurse LIES!!!

Well, Dr Norman came in about 10 minutes after the nurse checked Laura's cervix and announced that she is actually about 6 cm. So we are making progress after all! I went down to the cafeteria and got lunch, which was pretty good - they had french dips for today's special at the grill. I topped it off with a pudding parfait which was less good but still decent. I ate it in the room. Don't get too angry, ladies - I called from the cafeteria to ask where she would like me to eat and she wanted me to come up, even with my tasty-beef smell.


When I arrived, the nurse was in the room and Bryce was having "decels." These nasty things are decreases in fetal heart-rate which indicate things like umbilical cord compression, etc. Fortunately, they resolved by tilting Laura to the other side and both babies are doing well. The decels are what the OB's usually make the decision to go to C-section on, so I don't like seeing those on the monitor! The initial bolus of the epidural is wearing off so she is starting to feel some pressure and can actually move her feet, and this is helping her feel not-quite so weird.

Well, more to come. In the meantime, ONWARD AND DOWNWARD, BOYS!!!

3 comments:

ChristyLou said...

Hurray! Good news!! Alright boys, no hanging back now, it's time to get busy Bryce!

Toes on the Nose said...

I'm going to start routing for Ian to show some baby b aggression and push Bryce out of the way and come out first! Go Ian!

Anonymous said...

Those darn nurses. You can't trust any of them.